Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Carbondale, PA
Posted on Feb 20, 2014
Hendrick Manufacturing Company is the premier metal perforator in North America and has an immediate opening for a Supply Chain Manager to join the senior management team. This position reports directly to the VP Sales and Marketing and encompasses responsibility to ensure the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the supply chain. Namely, the functions of purchasing, inventory control, and the oversight of the customer service and sales process to the distribution market. The position will have multi plant responsibilities. Some of the specific duties include:
• Monitor economic and business conditions that effect purchasing programs and make decisions to meet those changing conditions.
• Manage the development of pricing strategies and distribution market.
• Manage overall inventory to achieve desired strategic goals.
• Negotiate pricing levels, length of contracts and payment terms with vendors.
• Monitor and evaluate alternative supply sources, raw material price trends and market conditions.
• Manage and develop a team of supply chain, customer service and inside sales professionals.
This position requires excellent communication skills both internally and externally in order to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and internal customers. Given the high material content of the product, this position plays a critical role in increasing sales opportunities through excellent material acquisitions. (Annual buy greater than $40M annually) This is an extremely visible position and is used by the organization to develop future leaders.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in commodity contract negotiations (3-5 of which should be in metals with Mills, Service centers and secondary markets) and working knowledge of material procurement. Candidate must have a track record of making cost reductions. This is a high energy, fast paced, hands on position and is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to grow in his or her career.
Hendrick Manufacturing Company pays a base salary commensurate with experience in addition to an industry-leading profit sharing plan. We have an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life, disability and 401(k). If you're interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com with salary requirements.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
Apply Now! Fill out the application below: